In simple terms, our privacy pledges to you are:
- We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate business reasons that we explain in this document, or if we’re legally required to do so.
- We will be as clear and open as possible on what Personal Data we collect and how it will be processed.
- We will keep all Personal Data up to date and reflect your preferences. We will also keep all data safely and securely with appropriate measures to prevent abuse.
For our customers and clients
We collect the following Personal Data from or about you as a customer of Port Solent:
- Personal Data collected directly from you through business processes such as your name, phone number, postal address, email address. The legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is the provision to you of the services accessed by you.
- Personal Data collected automatically from the use by you of the website. The data transmitted from your browser such as your IP address, the date and time of the visit the pages accessed, the access status/HTTP status code, your browser, your operating system and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is to be able to operate the website and provide you with access to the pages you wish to access.
- Personal Data received indirectly through our suppliers which enables us to create and store and record communications history. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is our legitimate interests in knowing more about our customers.
We use your Personal Data:
- To contact you with marketing messages, which you have requested or agreed to receive from us (for example via a email newsletter).
- To contact you with surveys and feedback requests.
Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) also places cookies on your computer, to enable Google to provide us with activity reports relating to the website. Google uses this data only to provide us with information on how users use the website and does not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. The information generated by Google cookies about your use of the platform (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Again, if you wish to stop this, you can stop these cookies being collected by changing the settings on your browser or by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
- Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Hootsuite, https://hootsuite.com/legal/privacy
- Twitter, https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Linkedin, https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Instagram, https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
For our followers on Social Media
If you follow one of our social media channels, Port Solent will receive Personal Data about you such as your account name, gender, general interests, location, age. The legal basis for processing this data is our legitimate interest in providing social media and marketing content that is of interest to our followers on social media.
We use this Personal Data:
- to provide bespoke social media content (for example by analysing your general interests).
- to create targeted content across all our social media channels (for example by analysing responses to posts, events and videos).
- to find out more about our digital community (for example by analysing the age ranges of our followers).
For our website visitors
By using our website, we collect Personal Data about you such as: site referrals, browsing pattern, browser type, location, general interests, gender, age. The data transmitted from your browser includes your IP address, the date and time of the visit the pages accessed, the access status/ HTTP status code, your browser, your operating system and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is our legitimate interest in operating the sites, providing you with access to the pages you wish to access, understanding the interests of our potential customers and providing you with relevant information about our services.
We use this Personal Data:
- to provide you with bespoke website content (for example by analysing our site visitors’ age ranges);
- to gain insight into your behaviour and preferences (for example by analysing the website pages you visit);
- to create bespoke marketing messages (for example by analysing the click throughs on our site);
- to re-target our website visitors with relevant marketing messages (for example by using cookies hosted on our site);
- to collect site statistics.
For more information please see our Cookie Statement.
For our data processors
We use third party processors to collect, export, process and store Personal Data on our behalf. The processors we use currently are the following:
- Carswell Gould - Port Solent’s marketing agency: https://carswellgould.co.uk/
- Google Drive: https://cloud.google.com/security/compliance/eu-data-protection/
- Social Media Platform: Facebook, some data centres located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Survey Tool: Survey Monkey, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/policy/privacy-policy/
- Email marketing, https://www.campaignmonitor.com/policies/#privacy-policy
- Web Management Tools
Google Analytics, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
International Data Transfers
We use data processors located outside the European Economic Area only after taking such steps as are required to ensure that Personal Data they process on our behalf receives protection equivalent to that provided in the EEA. Our processors are either certified as compliant with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework where they are located in the USA or have entered into an agreement with us containing the model clauses approved by the European Commission as providing contractual protection equivalent to that provided by the data protection regulations applicable in the EEA. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
- We use a variety of technical and physical safeguards which exist to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data. This helps protect it from accidental or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure to unauthorised third parties. These measures include device encryption, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
- Where we keep Personal Data files on local devices these devices are protected and accessible only to authorised Port Solent employees.
- As a matter of course, we undertake periodic reviews of our security systems to ensure that they remain fit for purpose and that your Personal Data remains safe and secure.
Duration of Storage
We will maintain records of your Personal Data for as long as you remain:
- a registered subscriber to our mailing list;
If you have not opened any email communication from Port Solent or interacted in any other way with us for 36 months, we will regard you as an inactive subscriber and delete your details from our records except where retention is necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees.
Your Rights in Relation to Personal Data
- You can update your subscription preferences or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by following the link in the footer of the last email you received from us (“Preferences” or “Unsubscribe”) or by sending your request with detailed instructions for our Account Management team to: email@example.com.
- You have the right to update and correct the personal information on your account. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data. Where allowed by applicable law, there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You also have the right to object to our continued processing of your personal data. You may also have the right to data portability. If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner: www.ico.gov.uk.
Port Solent is the Data Controller in respect of any Personal Data that you submit to us or that we collect from or about you. Workman Facilities Management are a limited company registered in England (registered no. 1738742) & our registered office is Alliance House, 12 Caxton Street, London. SW1H 0QS
If you would like to know what information we hold about you or if you have any other queries or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, our contact details are as follows:
- Port Solent, The Boardwalk, Portsmouth PO6 4TP, UK
- 023 92 210606